Friday, August 14, 2009

A Brand New Friend!!!

Ladies and Gents,

I give you...FELIX!!!
Felix is my new friend and companion, so that I don't have to sleep with a light on anymore (Seriously. Last night was the first night in a while I slept with the light off. I'm such a weenie.)

I was browsing Craigslist, and on impulse, I wandered into the Pets section. I saw that a woman was looking for a new home for her little guy Felix. She was undergoing treatment for cancer, and couldn't give him the proper care/attention. He looked super-cute and a little chubby (!!). Next thing I knew, I was making plans to pick the new man up! Yesterday was the big day.

And it was love at first sight. He really is a chubster!!! The woman I got him from is such a lovely lady. She said she pretty much sleeps all the time, and can't really give him too much attention. I felt so bad when I went to get him, that I was taking her Felix away, since she said he acted protective towards her when she would be physically ill. I actually teared up when she was saying bye, but ultimately it's her decision. I don't know the details of her illness, but it could be something terminal and she just wanted to make sure he has a good home. In any case, he most certainly does. He seems like he's getting used to his new house - thankfully the upstairs elderly decided to put the a/c on! He's spending a lot of time wandering around exploring, rubbing against things to mark the place all up, and kinda following me around. Yesterday he spent a lot of time in the space between the wall and the foot of the bed. He's got a ton of toys, and he used his litter box, so I think he's slowly getting in touch with things. Right now, he's curled up in a very cute fashion beside me on the couch.

Ladies and Gents, GIVE IT UP FOR FELIX!!!! WOOOOOOHOOO

May he live a long (he's around 6) and happy life as the Kervball's newest manfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment